Welcome to Rockwall ISD
Our motto at Rockwall ISD is “Common Purpose – Unified Effort.” It takes hundreds of dedicated people to bring the common purpose to fruition each day in the lives of children. Professional educators, administrators and staff members have chosen the education field and Rockwall Schools to express their dedication to excellence. We invite you to find in the menus to the left detailed information about the district and its operating units.
The mission of Rockwall ISD, a diverse and unified community embracing endless learning possibilities, is to inspire and develop the unique abilities of our children to become passionate learners, extraordinary citizens and authentic leaders of the 21st century by cultivating an engaging learning environment based on high standards and expectations in a culture of kindness and compassion.
We believe that…
- Each person has unique value and purpose.
- Each person deserves to be treated with kindness and compassion.
- Families and other core relationships are the foundation of communities.
- A community is responsible for nurturing and empowering life-long learners. – Collaboration and diversity provide broader perspectives for richer outcomes. – People have the innate desire and ability to learn.
- Learning is not constrained by time, place or method.
- Change is constant; courage and adaptability determine our level of growth.
- High expectations lead to high levels of success.]
- We are accountable to ourselves, each other and our shared future.
Therefore, in Rockwall ISD…
- Students are the center of all decisions.
- Families and the community participate as partners.
- Success is dependent on the strength of our relationships.
- Instruction is meaningful and includes work that is engaging.
- Sustained success comes from shared leadership and continuous improvement.