National Academic Accountability
The United States Federal Accountability System evaluates all public schools and districts for Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), as required by the No Child Left Behind law’s accountability provision. It measures yearly progress towards the goal of 100 percent of students passing reading and mathematics assessments by 2014.
Indicators measured for Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
- Reading and English Language Arts (Performance and participation)
- Mathematics (Performance and participation)
- Graduation rate (for high schools and school districts)
- Attendance rate (for elementary and middle schools)
In Texas, reading and math performance is based on the TAKS.
Rockwall ISD Rating
- 2011 Meets Adequate Yearly Progress
- 16 out of 17 campuses Meet Adequate Yearly Progress
- Quest Academy was not rated
- 2012 Missed Adequate Yearly Progress
- 15 out of 17 campuses Meet Adequate Yearly Progress
- Rockwall-Heath High School and Cullins Elementary Missed Adequate Yearly Progress
Rockwall ISD and all our evaluated campuses have met adequate yearly progress.