Student Teaching and Classroom Observations
Thank you for your interest in student teaching in Rockwall ISD. Please complete the attached Student Teacher Request Form along with the Student Teacher Criminal Background Consent Form and submit to Patty Walker. We will do our best to place all candidates. We will notify the University or Service Center once the placement has been approved. We will also notify the University or Service Center if we are unable to place a student teacher in the requested field.
Student Classroom Observations
Individuals are eligible to complete classroom observations in Rockwall ISD if:
- Currently enrolled in a teacher degree program at a four-year college or university.
- Currently seeking certification through an Alternative Certification Program.
Eligible Candidates will:
- Visit the Rockwall ISD website at rockwallisd.com
- Go to “About” tab and select “Employment”
- Select tab for “Student Classroom Observations”
- Complete and submit #1. Classroom Observation Request
- Complete and submit #2. Consent to Perform Background Check
- Submit #3. A copy of your Class Syllabus showing the amount of required classroom observation hours. (An acceptance letter into an Alternative Certification Program will also be sufficient.)
Submit all three (3) required documents at the same time to Patty Walker by scanning and emailing to email@example.com
Scheduling of Classroom Observations
- Classroom observations will not be permitted during the first three (3) weeks of each semester.
- Fall semester requests must be received on or before Oct. 15th
- Spring semester requests must be received on or before February 6th
- All requests for classroom observations are subject to space and availability
- At any point during the school year, we reserve the right to deny classroom observers based on the number of requests received and District calendar of events
- Rockwall ISD does not offer summer classroom observations
Human Resources Department will:
- Notify the Applicant whether or not the request is approved.
- Provide the Observer with the name of the campus at which he/she will be completing classroom observations along with the teacher’s name and school phone number/email address.
- Observer is responsible for communicating with the campus in a timely manner to schedule his/her classroom observations.
- Observer is responsible for informing the campus of any necessary scheduling changes.
- Failure to do so may result in dismissal from observation opportunities.