Attention Parents: Changes have been made in the state’s Free Child Vaccination Program and many children will not be eligible for free vaccinations necessary for the beginning of school this fall.
Who is now eligible for free vaccinations?
- Children who are uninsured or whose insurance does not cover the required vaccines.
- Children who are insured through the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or Medicaid.
- Native Americans or Native Alaskans
What should parent’s do now?
- Get your child vaccinated soon, rather than wait for the back-to-school rush.
- Check with your school for the list of vaccines your child will need before the new school year. School starts August 27, 2012 and all students must have the required vaccinations.
- If you have insurance, check to see if vaccines are covered.
- If you use a particular doctor or clinic, call to schedule an appointment and ask about the availability of the vaccines you need.