On February 20th and 21st, the Rockwall High School Culinary Arts program competed at the Texas ProStart Regional Invitational. Two competitions were held simultaneously – the Restaurant Management Competition, and the Culinary Arts Competition. Rockwall ISD had representation in both competitions and earned two first place finishes in both categories. The restaurant management team earned its first place finish for the 3rd year in a row at the regional level, and the Culinary team took first for the very first time! Teams were comprised of both RHS and RHHS students.
Our participating students are as follows-Culinary Team:
- Amya Bee, sophomore (RHHS)
- Miranda Myers, sophomore (RHHS)
- Jackie Carranza, senior (RHHS)
- Marcus Moehler, junior (RHS)
- Taylor Mead, senior (RHHS)
Restaurant Management Team:
- Julia DeMuth, junior (RHS)
- Dev Amin, senior (RHS)
- Milana Vuckovic, junior (RHS)
- Wesley Pohorsky, sophomore (RHS)
Both teams advance to the state level on March 27th and 28th in Waco.