On behalf of the American Heart Association Rockwall ISD was named a Gold Fit-Friendly Work-site.
At the August board meeting, Laurin DeStefano, Rockwall ISD’s PE/Health & Wellness Coordinator, accepted a plaque from Sofie Olivarez, American Heart Association’s Youth Market Director and Tonya Bradford.
As a gold level recipient, Rockwall ISD has fulfilled key criteria and demonstrated a strong commitment to providing a healthy work place for employees!
The Fit-Friendly Worksite program is a catalyst for positive change. Worksites throughout the nation can be part of the initiative making the health and wellness of their employees a priority. Rockwall ISD was recognized by the American Heath Association’s initiative for:
- Offering employees physical activity support.
- Providing/increasing healthy eating options at the worksite.
- Promoting a wellness culture.
- Implementing at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heath Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture.
- Demonstrating measureable outcomes related to workplace wellness.American Heart Association commends Rockwall ISD for our efforts and looks forward to seeing our district continue to make great strides in the coming year!
American Heart Association commends Rockwall ISD for our efforts and looks forward to seeing our district continue to make great strides in the coming year!