Rockwall ISD adheres to the neighborhood school concept. Therefore, all students shall be assigned and attend the school in their home attendance zone. As the District continues to grow, there is less availability of space at campuses to allow for student transfers outside their home attendance zones.
For this reason, requests for intra-district transfers will generally be denied unless extenuating circumstances as outlined below exist:
- Transfer requests may be made only if a documented compelling hardship exists.
- Hardship transfers will be granted under limited circumstances.
- All hardship transfers are considered on an individual basis.
- There is no transportation provided to transfer students.
- Transfers must be applied for and a fee paid for every year a student attends outside their attendance zone.
- When a campus reaches a certain percentage of capacity, transfers are closed to that campus, and those campuses can change from year to year based on enrollment.
- Residence changes are not hardship transfers.
- Residence changes within the school year require a transfer form to be completed and fee paid in order for the student to be considered for continuing at that campus for the remainder of the school year.
- If approved to finish out the current year, all students are expected to attend their home attendance zone the following school year.
All decisions are based on:
- School enrollment capacity
- School grade level capacity
- Documented compelling hardship
Timeline to apply
|March 15, 2016 through April 8, 2016||Students who are currently on transfer and applying to stay at the same campus.|
|April 20, 2016 through June 2, 2016||Students NOT currently on an approved transfer or students requesting a transfer to a new campus. Sixth grade moving to 7th grade and 8th grade moving to 9th grade are considered new campus transfers.|
|After June 2, 2016||Students new to the district for 2016-2017.|
When the online application process opens on March 15, 2016, go to this link on the Rockwall ISD website and follow the instructions:
Note: Nothing will be accepted into the online student transfer system prior to March 15, 2016.