School Bus Safety
Our innovative Safety Program includes:
- Hiring for Safety: Candidates must pass a motor vehicle check, criminal background check, reference check, employee safety inventory, drug screen, and a structured interview before even being considered for training.
- Training for Safety: We exceed both state and Federal mandates for school bus driver training in every state in which we operate.
- Annual driving evaluations are required for all drivers.
- A Safety Committee at each location works to improve safety performance.
- Employees with accident-free records receive recognition for their safe performance.
- We offer safety training for K-3 students.
Durham School Services maintains an outstanding safety record among public and private transportation providers. Our organization has been recognized by the National School Transportation Association, the Environmental Protection Agency and other safety organizations.
To learn more about our safety program, please call the department at 972-771-1948.