Rockwall ISD’s comprehensive Safety and Security Program includes:
- Uniformed School Resource Officers are assigned to all secondary campuses.
- Campus Crime Stopper Programs are active on all secondary campus.
- The Safety and Security Department deploys crossing guards in designated areas in the District to provide safe pedestrian crossings for elementary school students.
- The District contracts with a canine contraband dog detection service that conducts random searches of district facilities.
- Camera surveillance systems are installed at all campuses.
- All campuses have access control systems to assist in maintaining secure doors.
- All campuses use the RAPTOR visitor management system.
- All campuses are monitored by burglar and fire alarm systems.
- Criminal history background checks are required for employment applicants and volunteers.
- The District has a Safety and Security Manager responsible for all electronic safety and security equipment in the District.
- The District has a Director of Safety and Security that oversees the overall Safety and Security Program.
- Each campus has a copy of the District’s Emergency Procedures Manual.
- Each campus has an individual security plan.
- An annual Traffic Safety Committee meeting is conducted with local public safety officials, local municipal engineers and all District personnel involved with traffic safety.
For questions about Rockwall ISD Safety and Security please contact:
Executive Director of Human Resources, Safety and Security