Child Find is a school district system for identifying, locating and evaluating individuals with disabilities (birth through 21 years of age) who reside in it’s jurisdiction and who may need special education and related services. If you believe your child has a disability please contact Coral Wilkens in the Rockwall ISD Special Programs Office at 972-772-1175.
Introduction To Special Education Services
Texas Transition Employment Guide (NEW)
- Online Transition and Employment Guide Form , (Spanish: Online Transition and Employment Guide Form Spanish)
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide 2014, (Spanish: Online Transition and Employment Guide Form Spanish)
Learning Opportunities for Families
- English (how to register at Region 13)
- Autism 101: Top Ten Pieces to the Puzzle
- Asperger Syndrome 101
- Classroom Organization: The Power of Structure for Individuals with A.S.D.
- Navigating the Social Maze: Supports & Interventions for Individuals with A.S.D.
- Solving the Behavior Puzzle: Making Connections for Individuals with A.S.D.
- Communication Issues: The Power of Communication for Individuals with A.S.D.
- Español (como registrarse para Region 13)
- Autismo 101: Las 10 piezas Principales del Rompecabezas
- Ability Connection Texas
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas
- How to get on the waiting list for waiver services!
- Lakes Regional MHMR Center
- Region 10: Special Education Home Page
- Social Security Administration
- TEA: Special Education in Texas
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability
- TEXAS Project First
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism
- The Arc of Dallas
Apps and More
The following iPhone Apps are being used to support the education of students participating in the Functional Academics I & II Program (Check these Apps out on the Apple App Store to learn more!): iPrompts
Texas Assistive Technology Network