Reinhardt Relocation and New Dobbs Plan for 2018-2019
As you remember, Dobbs Elementary and Reinhardt Elementary will be neighbors during the 2018-2019 school year. This will be a temporary accommodation as Dobbs moves into their new building and Reinhardt will relocate to the former Dobbs facility while a new school is built at the current site. After hearing from parents, staff and the community last fall, the district developed a plan to help Dobbs and Reinhardt run as smoothly as possible next year.
Modify existing Dobbs Elementary/Reinhardt Elementary site as follows:
- Modify existing curbs, re-paint striping, and install signage to improve traffic flow
- Install temporary barrier in front drive of Reinhardt ES to direct traffic flow
- Extend loading zone and possible covered walkway in front drive of Reinhardt S
- Utilize additional crossing guards from "former" Reinhardt ES to direct on-site traffic
- Evaluate options of utilizing Rockwall PD to conduct traffic control on adjacent streets
Virginia Reinhardt Photo
Architects met with administrative staff, campus staff and parents to get feedback on the new Reinhardt Elementary design. We are excited to announce that the following rendering will be the new design based off of input given to the architects. The school will open in the Fall of 2019.