I am Lori Allums, School Counselor at Springer Elementary. I obtained my Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from the University of Texas at Tyler. I also received both a Master of Science in Counseling and Principal Certification from Texas A&M Commerce. I have been an educator for 23 years and have been a counselor for 13 years.
The primary objective of the Elementary School Counseling Program is to provide support to students in order to promote their developmental, academic, personal and social needs.
The following are components of this Comprehensive Program:
- Individual/Small Group Counseling: Short term counseling provided to students who are having emotional difficulties or crisis. Referrals to parents for professional help outside the school setting are available if needed.
- Classroom Guidance: Lessons are presented to students during the year on various topics designed to strengthen personal, social and academic skills.
- SST/504 Coordinator: I am responsible for coordinating Student Support Team (SST) Meetings and 504 Meetings, where student concerns are discussed through a team approach. During these meetings an Individual Action Plan is created and closely monitored to foster student success.
- Testing Coordinator
- Rachel’s Challenge Coordinator (Co-Author of Rachel’s Challenge Elementary Program)
- RTI (Response to Intervention) Behavior Coordinator
- Student Mentor Coordinator
If I can ever be of assistance to you, please email me at email@example.com or call 972-772-7160.