The Rockwall ISD Transportation department reports to Terry Penn, Director of Transportation. The mission of Rockwall ISD's Transportation Department is to provide safe and reliable transportation to the students in our District.
As members of the education community, Rockwall ISD Transportation Department employees are dedicated to serve as an example for student riders by presenting a professional image, providing positive interactions and maintaining a safe and clean school bus environment.
School Bus Safety
Our innovative Safety Program includes:
- Hiring for Safety: Candidates must pass a motor vehicle record check, criminal background check, reference check, DOT physical, DOT drug screen, and a structured interview before even being considered for training.
- Training for Safety: We exceed both state and Federal mandates for school bus driver training. Drivers undergo monthly safety reviews.
- Annual driving evaluations are required for all drivers.
- Employees with accident-free records receive recognition for their safe performance.
- We offer safety training for pre-k and kindergarten students.
- Committed to Professional, Courteous driving from every employee, everyday
To learn more about our safety program, please call the department at 972-771-1948.