State of Texas Assessment Readiness (STAAR) information
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program, which was implemented in Spring 2012, includes annual assessments for
- Reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- Writing at grades 4 and 7
- Science at grades 5 and 8
- Social studies at grade 8
- End-of-Course (EOC) assessments for:
- English I
- English II
- Algebra I
- U.S history
Students must pass each End-of-Course assessment to be eligible for graduation.
Students must complete the foundation graduation plan to be elgibile for general admission to Texas public 4-year institutions of higher education and for financial aid. The Distinguished Level of Achievement is required for automatic admission under the top ten percent rule.