Head Start / Early Head Start
Rockwall ISD Head Start program offers free, high-quality child development services to income-eligible families with children ages 0-4 years old. Head Start is child-focused learning but also provides comprehensive services to the child’s family. Head Start programs support children’s growth and development in a positive learning environment through a variety of services, which include:
- Early learning: Children’s readiness for school and beyond is fostered through individualized learning experiences through purposeful play, daily routines, and social/emotional support. Free field trips are offered throughout the year for Head Start.
- Health: All children receive health and development screenings, nutritious meals, snacks, oral health, and mental health support. Programs connect families with medical, dental, and mental health services to ensure that children are receiving the services they need.
- Family well-being: Parents and families are supported in achieving their own goals, such as housing stability, continued education, and financial security. Programs support and strengthen parent-child relationships and engage families around children’s learning and development.
Enrollment Information - Open year-round
- HEAD START - To be eligible for Rockwall ISD Head Start a child must be at least three or four years of age as of September 1 of the current school year, live within Rockwall ISD attendance zone and meet the federal income guidelines. Head Start also accepts children with an identified disability, English language learners, children that are homeless, and foster children. For an application or additional information, please contact Gracie.Rodriguez@Region10.org or call 972-772-1143
- EARLY HEAD START - Rockwall ISD Early Head Start program is for birth to three-year-olds, live within Rockwall ISD attendance zone and meet the federal income guidelines. Early Head Start is also for pregnant and parenting teens and teens do not have to meet income criteria. Early Head Start also accepts children with an identified disability, English language learners, children that are homeless, and foster children. For an application or additional information, please Maria.Juarez@Region10.org or call 972-772-5790.
To enroll in Head Start or Early Head Start, you can apply online headstart.region10.org or call 972-772-1143.
After approval into the Head Start/Early Head Start program, families must also register online at RockwallISD.com, as a new student prior to starting school and supply any additional paperwork requested. Failure to do so may result in your child being removed from the Head Start program.
Head Start is located at Howard Dobbs Elementary – 901 East Interurban, Rockwall
Doors open at 7:15 a.m., class begins at 8:00 a.m. and dismissal is at 3:00 p.m.
Early Head Start is located at 1197 T.L. Townsend Drive, Rockwall; 972-772-5790
Program Hours – 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Once enrolled in RISD’s Head Start program, students must comply with RISD’s procedures/policies related to attendance. Head Start follows the school district’s calendar and students must maintain consistent enrollment or may be withdrawn from the program.
Head Start/Early Head Start Requires Proof of Income
- 1040 Tax Form (pages 1-2)
- 4 most recent pay stubs
- Self-employment records indicating previous 12 months income
- SNAP, TANF, SSI, child support, (any other public assistance)
Documents Needed for Enrollment
- Child’s official birth certificate
- Social Security Card (if applicable)
- Child’s up-to-date shot record
- Medicaid, CHIPS or insurance card (if applicable)
- Current proof of residence within the Rockwall ISD attendance boundaries. (within previous month)
- Photo ID must match the current proof
- Head Start - Transportation is provided free to our students that qualify for Head Start.
- Early Head Start – Transportation is only provided for our teen moms