The deadline to submit a transfer request is June 1, 2019.
Rockwall ISD adheres to the neighborhood school concept. Therefore, all students shall be assigned and shall attend the school in their home attendance zone. As the District continues to grow, there is less availability of space at campuses to allow for student transfers outside their home attendance zones.
For this reason, requests for transfers will generally be denied unless extenuating circumstances, such as a documented compelling hardship, exist. Residence changes are not considered a compelling hardship.
All decisions are based on:
- School enrollment capacity
- School grade level capacity
- Documented compelling hardship
- Student's behavior and attendance record
Things to consider:
- Transfer requests received after the June 1st deadline MAY be considered for children of employees or children who move during the summer.
- Transfers are considered on a hardship basis, and if granted, they are a privilege.
- Transfers are considered before school begins in August. Transfers are not allowed during the academic year, except in extraordinary circumstances.
- Sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval.
- Transfers shall be granted for one regular school year at a time.
- Violation of the terms of the transfer agreement may result in a transfer being revoked during the current school year or not being approved the following year.
- The District will not become involved in family disputes between joint conservators of students. Should a situation arise, the transfer consideration may be revoked.
- A non-refundable transfer application fee of $50.00 (cash or credit) per student is due at the time of application. ($30.00 for district employees)
- Transportation will not be provided for transfer students.
June 1, 2019, is the deadline to file a transfer application due to staffing and scheduling at the campus level.
March 25 – June 1, 2019
Rockwall ISD will be accepting transfer requests for students CURRENTLY on approved transfer AND applying to remain at the SAME CAMPUS. Applications for 7th and 9th grade are considered applications to a NEW CAMPUS; and therefore, are new transfer requests. (No new transfer requests will be considered before April 1.)
March 25 – June 1, 2019
Rockwall ISD will be accepting transfer requests for CHILDREN OF DISTRICT EMPLOYEES.
April 1 – June 1, 2019
Rockwall ISD will be accepting transfer applications for students NOT currently on approved transfer or those requesting a transfer to a new campus.
After June 1, 2019
Rockwall ISD will consider transfer requests only for students of district employees and students who move during the summer with extraordinary circumstances.
Due to enrollment numbers, Rockwall ISD will not be approving NEW transfer requests to the following schools:
Closed Campuses 2019-2020
Each student transfer application will require a non-refundable administrative processing fee which can be paid online upon completion of the application. Should you desire to pay with cash, please bring to:Rockwall ISD Administration Building1050 Williams StreetRockwall, TX 75087