State Academic Accountability
The state accountability system assigns ratings to every campus and district in the Texas public education system each year. Generally, campuses and districts earn ratings by having performance that meets absolute standards or by demonstrating sufficient improvement toward the standard. In addition to evaluating performance for all students, the performance of individual groups of students is held to the rating criteria. The student groups are defined to be the major ethnic and racial groups as well as students designated as economically disadvantaged. All of the evaluated groups must meet the criteria for a given rating category in order to earn that label.
Indicators for State Accountability
The indicators for state accountability are based on the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results.
The 2013 accountability system is built on a performance index framework, for which there are four indicators.
- Index one: Student achievement
- Index two: Student progress
- Index three: Closing performance gaps
- Index four: Postsecondary readiness
For more information about the index system, visit the TEA website.
Please contact your child’s principal if you have any questions concerning this report card.
- Rockwall ISD 2018-2019 Texas Academic Performance Report
- Rockwall ISD 2017-2018 Texas Academic Performance Report
- Rockwall ISD 2016-2017 Texas Academic Performance Report
- Rockwall ISD 2015-2016 Texas Academic Performance Report