Does your Child Qualify for Free Pre-Kindergarten?
To be eligible for Rockwall ISD free prekindergarten class, a child must be at least four years of age as of September 1 of the current school year, live within Rockwall ISD attendance zone and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a recipient of the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
PRE-K CAMPUS LOCATIONS
2023-2024 School Year:
Amy Parks-Heath, Cullins-Lake Pointe, Dobbs (Bilingual), Garcia, Hamm, Hartman, Hays, Jones (Bilingual), Nebbie, Pullen, Reinhardt, Rochell, Shannon, Stevenson, Springer (Bilingual).
Please note this is a centralized program and locations are subject to change.
Once enrolled in RISD’s Prekindergarten programs, students must comply with RISD’s procedures/policies related to attendance.
Free Qualifying Prekindergarten is FULL Day only. It has the same hours as the Kinder-6th grade, please check with your campus for start times. Instruction begins at 8:00 AM and dismissal is at 3:00 PM
The ROCK Program is an after-school program that operates on all RISD’s Elementary Campuses and provides after-school care 3:00-6:00 PM for an additional charge. This program is not free and does NOT have mandatory attendance requirements. To learn more about the ROCK program please visit their webpage.