Free Qualifying Pre-Kindergarten
To be eligible for Rockwall ISD free prekindergarten class, a child must be at least four years of age as of September 1 of the current school year, live within Rockwall ISD attendance zone and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a recipient of the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
2020-2021 New Student Online Enrollment will open April 6, 2020 on this district website for next school year. Please note: If you complete the New Student Online registration before April 6, 2020 it will be for the current school year and will have to be redone for the 2020-21 school year.
2019-2020 Enrollment is ongoing for our Free Qualifying Prekindergarten programs. Students must be 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year AND live in Rockwall ISD attendance zone. Register your new student here.
Once enrolled in RISD’s Prekindergarten programs, students must comply with RISD’s procedures/policies related to attendance.
Free Qualifying Prekindergarten is FULL Day only. It has the same hours as the Kinder-6th grade, please check with your campus for start times. All elementary doors open at 7:15 for early arrival and dismiss at 3:00 PM.
Transportation is provided free to students that qualify for Free Qualifying Prekindergarten program. To learn more about bus routes click here or call 972-771-1948.
The ROCK Program is an after-school program that operates on all RISD’s Elementary Campuses and provides after-school care 3:00-6:00 PM for an additional charge. This program is not free and does NOT have mandatory attendance requirements. To learn more about the ROCK program please visit their webpage.
Free Lunch and Breakfast:
All of our prekindergarten students receive free breakfast and lunch. To learn more about Child Nutrition click here.