Math: This week in math the students will:
- The students will review place value for the assessment on Thursday, Septemeber 21, 2017.
- The students are expected to interpret the value each value position as 10 times the position to the right.
- The students should be able to compare whole numbers to the billions.
- The students should be able to understand the difference between expanded notation and expanded form.
- Students should know how to round numbers to the hundreds thousands place.
Reading: This week in reading class the students will
- The students will understnd the elements of realistic fiction
- characters their interactions and they changes that they undergo
- In small group with the teacher the students will explore legends and the elements of a legend
- the plot of a legend
- the theme
- what constitutes a legend
- the importance of legends in our society
Science: This week in science the students will:
- Explore the elements of soil, their texture and their color as well as their ability to retain water.
Social Studies: This week the students will explore and understand
- The students will understand the importance of the Constitution of the U.S.
- The Bill of Rights
- The Declaration of Independence
- The students will also understand the Mountains and Basins Region and the Great Plains Region
Writing: This week in writing the students will
- To continue to understand what makes a good narrative the students will learn how to write good leads for a narrative essay.
- The students will continue with the study of the plural patterns.
- If a noun ends with a Y and there is a vowel before the Y just add an -s
- The prefix ex means out and the prefix auto means self.
- Whar makes a simple sentence and a compound sentence.