School Attendance Office
Spring 2021 Attendance Procedures
Beginning Wednesday, January 6, 2021, new attendance procedures will apply to all students in grades PK-12 participating in in-person or remote learning. Regular school attendance is a requirement of state law and is essential to student learning. Please access the following link for details regarding these attendance procedures and answers to frequently asked question. Spring 2021 Attendance Procedures and FAQ
What do I do if I am absent?
If your student is going to be absent for any part of the school day, you must provide an excuse stating the reason for the absence. A doctor’s excuse note is required if your student attends any kind of a medical appointment, any time during the day. If you forget to get a doctor’s note, the doctor’s office can send an excuse note directly to your campus attendance office, either by fax or email. All excuses for absences are due upon your student's return.
We have 3 different options you may use to submit your excuse:
- Skyward Family Access (see instructions below)
- Email attendance clerks (see information above)
- Hand written note signed by parent or guardian.
How to enter an absence note in Skyward Family Access:
- Locate Skyward Tabs located on the left side of your screen
- Click the tab “Attendance”; Click on the Enter Absent Request in the upper right hand corner “ typed in blue”
- A new box will open
- Select ADD REQUEST in the upper right hand corner “typed in blue”
- Enter absent date and reason: select save.