School Attendance Office
What do I do if I am absent?
If your student is going to be absent for any part of the school day, you must provide an excuse stating the reason for the absence. A doctor’s excuse note is required if your student attends any kind of a medical appointment, any time during the day. If you forget to get a doctor’s note, the doctor’s office can fax an excuse note to our fax: 972-772-2099. All excuses must be received no later than 5 school days from the absence.
We have 3 different options you may use to submit your excuse:
- Skyward Family Access (see instructions below)
- Email attendance clerks (see information above)
- Hand written note signed by parent or guardian.
How to enter an absence note in Skyward Family Access:
- Locate Skyward Tabs located on the left side of your screen
- Click the tab “Attendance”; Click on the Enter Absent Request in the upper right hand corner “ typed in blue”
- A new box will open
- Select ADD REQUEST in the upper right hand corner “typed in blue”
- Enter absent date and reason: select save.