Skip To Main Content











Certification In Rockwall ISD

Rockwall ISD strives to hire the most qualified applicant for every position. All teachers should be properly certified as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The Department of Human Resources will review certification qualifications prior to employment.

Basic teacher certification requirements in Texas/Rockwall ISD

  • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
  • Complete teacher training through an approved program
  • Successfully complete the appropriate TExES exams
  • Meets all applicable state certification and licensure requirements

TExES Exam

All teachers in the state of Texas are required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to complete state mandated exams before being eligible for certification. Registration, instructions, test dates and study guides are available at TExES Exam Information.


Prior to employment, certification requirements must be met and verified. This status will be verified by the Human Resources department.

Certification Renewal

A Standard Certificate must be renewed every 5 years. The teacher must complete a minimum of 150 professional development hours over those 5 years before the Standard Certificate can be renewed. Teachers will receive a notice from the TEA 6 months prior to their expiration date with instructions on how to renew the certificate.

For more information please visit Certification Renewal.

Educators must keep their TEA profile updated at all times

This includes your current name, address, email address, etc.  If you have any questions or need additional information regarding certification please visit

Teachers who are certified out of state

Credentials from another state must be reviewed in order to become certified in Texas.   For more information, please visit Out-of-State Certified Educators.

Teachers who are certified from another country

Before you can submit your credentials to TEA for review, you will need to have your transcripts evaluated.    For more information, please visit Out-of-Country Certified Educators.

For Further Information on Teacher Certification please refer to the State Board for Educator Certification at:

If you have any certification questions or need additional information, please contact:

Dana Weller

Certification Assistant
(North Campuses)
Click here to email