The Sankofa Foundation is awarding scholarships this year to graduating African American male seniors. Each student will be awarded an individual scholarship in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship is payable to the student’s college or university upon verification of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university. All material is to be postmarked and sent to this address: Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 743693 Dallas, TX 75374 by March 15, 2018. Awardees will be notified no later than May 1st. If you have questions please contact scholarship committee chairman, Christopher M. Johnson, at CJohnsonXTL1906@gmail.com.
- Scholarships are limited to seniors attending public high schools in the DFW Area.
- Preference is given to students who have demonstrated exceptional involvement and service to the community and who have greater needs given their socioeconomic background.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be an African American Male and have a 3.0 grade point average or better on a 4.0 scale.
- An eligible candidate must be a graduating high school senior.
- An eligible candidate must be enrolling as a full-time student in a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university in the fall semester. Payment will be made directly to that school.
- Students must complete the attached scholarship application including all required supporting materials