Welcome to the Marketing Pathway at the Dr. Gene Burton College & Career Academy
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Major; Oklahoma Baptist University Master's of Business Administration, Marketing Major; University of North Alabama
Mrs. Dori Brown
Students, I am so excited to have the privilege of working with you, equipping you with valuable career, marketing and technology skills to be successful.
Parents, I truly look forward to teaching and working with your students this year, and believe that all students can achieve great success in my classroom. I wish to form a positive relationship with both you and your student. With all of us working together we can create the most empowering learning environment for your student.
2022-2023 Course Schedule:
2nd - Sports & Entertainment Marketing/Social Media Marketing
3rd - Sports & Entertainment Marketing/Social Media Marketing
4th - Sports & Entertainment Marketing/Social Media Marketing
5th - Entrepreneurship
6th - Marketing Practicum
7th - Marketing Practicum
Tutoring opportunities are available and can be discussed by student need.
Students will be given access to their respective course via Canvas. A classset of textbooks are used in each Marketing course. Students will also be given on-line access to this resource in its entirety online. This online resource also provides annotation tools, flashcards and more. Class registration codes for our online textbook and coursework will be assigned through Canvas for copyright and content privacy.
A few fun facts about Mrs. Dori Brown:
- Graduate of Poteet High School; BBA, Marketing Major from Oklahoma Baptist University; Masters in Marketing from University of North Alabama
- Mother of two; one currently attends Cain MS and the other Rockwall-Heath HS
- Family attends and serves at Lakeshore Church in Rockwall
- Nine years of agency and corporate marketing experience
- Thirteen years teaching 10th-12th grade in education, Mesquite ISD and Rockwall ISD
- Thirteen CTE Courses Taught: Marketing Practicum I & II, Business Management Practicum, Entrepreneurship, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Retailing & E-tailing, Audio Video Production I & II, Digital Interactive Media, Digital Arts & Animation, Web Design I & II
- Eighth year DECA Advisor; Previous experience with TSA and BPA career technology student organizations (CTSO's). Multiple international-level student winners!
- Motivated by students who are open to learn and take risks for the sake of developing and improving their personal brand.
"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer