Languages Other Than English (LOTE)
Knowledge of foreign languages and cultures enables students to improve and enrich their understanding of their own environment, as well as the larger world community, in order to participate in an increasingly globalized society.
The Rockwall ISD LOTE Curriculum is designed to help students:
- promote intercultural understanding.
- enhance their abilities of critical reading, thinking, speaking and writing.
- improve future employment and economic opportunities.
Rockwall ISD Proficiency Levels:
- The proficiency levels are a descritpion of what individuals can do with langauge in terms of speaking, writing, listening, and reading in real-world situations.
- Rockwall ISD Curriculum goes from Novice Low-Intermediate High as the course levels progress.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide below for more information.
Rockwall ISD offers the following language courses:
- American Sign Language
Degrees and Certifications:
Secondary ELA/LOTE Coordinator
Click here to email
972-771-0605 ext. 7074