Dyslexia Handbook Update
On September 3rd, 2021, the State Board of Education (SBOE) gave final approval for updates to the Dyslexia Handbook. Some of the updates to the Dyslexia Handbook may require LEAs to make policy, procedure, and practice changes. The updated Dyslexia Handbook will go into effect on February 10th, 2022.
The handbook contains guidelines for school districts to follow as they identify and provide services for students with dyslexia. This includes the pathway in which districts evaluate for dyslexia. In addition, information regarding the state's dyslexia statutes and their relation to various federal laws is included. You may access the link below for a downloadable copy of the Dyslexia Handbook.
Dyslexia Resources for Families
- International Dyslexia Association
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Learning Ally Dyslexia Support
- Dyslexia Homepage-Region 10 Website
- Texas Dyslexia Handbook (Updated 2021)
- Statewide Dyslexia Resource Page
- Region 10 Dyslexia Parent Information
- Talking Books Program
Below you will find a link to the Region 10 Dyslexia Connects Newsletter for Parents. Each newsletter contains wonderful resources for families.