Early Childhood Program Information
Early Childhood Education
Rockwall ISD offers the following Early Childhood programs:
- Qualify Pre-K (4 years old by Sept. 1)
- Tuition Pre-K (4 years old by Sept. 1)
- Head Start (3-4 years old by Sept. 1)
- Early Head Start (Birth to 3 year olds)
- PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities)
Click the following:
(English and Spanish Flyer)
Qualifying Pre-K Program Information
To qualify for this free full day program students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program;
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child;
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordred to active duty by the proper authority;
- Be the child of a memeber of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve componenet of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) or Foster Care following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Full-day classes are from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. RISD transportation is provided.
Located at: Rochell, Stevenson, Hays, Cullins-Lake Pointe, Lyon, Jones (Bilingual only), Dobbs (Bilingual Only), and Springer (Bilingual Only)
Tuition Pre-K Program Information for 2017-2018
Location: Hartman and Lyon Elementary
$100 non-refundable registration fee
Tuition PreK only 8:00 -11:00 AM, Cost $294 monthly (September through May)
Tuition Prek with ROCK 8:00-3:30 PM, Cost $544 monthly
Tuition PreK with ROCK Extended 8:00-6:00 PM, Cost $794 monthly
No transportation provided
Located at: Hartman and Lyon Elementary
Head Start Program
Full day program 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.. Transportation is provided.
Three and four year old students may qualify for this free federal program.
Located at Dobbs Elementary
Early Head Start Program
Birth to age 3. Transportation provided for teen moms.
Full day program 7:30-4:00 avaliable as well as home based programs.
Located by Utley Middle School
Past Rockwall ISD Head Start students:
Effective December 1, 2018, all Head Start student records located at Dobbs Elementary inactive since 2012-2015 will be shredded. Parents or legal guardians may retrieve their student’s records at Rockwall Head Start Office 801 E. Washington St; Rockwall, TX 75087, 972-772-1143. ID will be required.