Classroom Observation Requests in Rockwall ISD
Rockwall ISD is proud to partner with local universities and certification programs to provide opportunities for aspiring educators to observe in our classrooms.
Applicants need to complete a Classroom Observation Request Form and Consent to Perform Background Check Form by the deadlines listed below. Failure to do so may result in dismissal of their request.
The Student Observer and/or the University or Service Center will be notified once they have been approved, or if we are unable to approve their request. We will provide the name of the assigned campus along with the principal’s name, teacher’s name, school phone number, and email address. The Student Observer is responsible for communicating with the campus in a timely manner to schedule his/her program requirements.
Student Observers are eligible to complete classroom observations in Rockwall ISD if:
- Student Observer is currently enrolled in a teacher degree program at a four-year college or university.
- Student Observer is currently seeking certification through an Alternative Certification Program.
- Student Observer has passed their criminal background check.
Scheduling of Classroom Observations:
- Classroom observations will not be permitted during the first three (3) weeks of each semester.
- All requests for classroom observations are subject to space and availability.
- At any point during the school year, we reserve the right to deny classroom observations based on the number of requests received and calendar of events for the District.
- Rockwall ISD does not offer summer classroom observations.
- October 5th – Deadline for Fall semester Classroom Observation requests.
- February 6th – Deadline for Spring semester Classroom Observation requests.
The Student Observer must complete and submit the following forms to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Classroom Observation Request Form
- Consent to Perform Background Check Form
- A copy of class syllabus showing the amount of required classroom observation hours. (An acceptance letter into an Alternative Certification Program will be sufficient.)
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact us via email at email@example.com or at 972-771-0605.